What is 31 days of Halloween is you ask? Well I'll tell you! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. 31 is my favorite number. October is my favorite month. There are 31 one days in my favorite month, the 31st being the actual day of said holiday. That's plenty enough reasons to celebrate for me! So I invented 31 one days of Halloween, a blog that will chronicle my daily celebrations. Each day will be something fun and different to represent the spirit of autumn and Halloween. Check back daily for fun ideas, songs, and updates. Let the festivities begin :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 5

Haunted Mansion
There's this mansion in town that is for lack of a better word, creepy. It's in the middle of nothing and as far as last I heard, no one even "lives" there. But sometimes there are lights on. To get closer to it you have to trespass down this forbidden road of darkness! And when you do get close to it, it just pops out from behind these trees, out of the darkness, in the middle of nothing, like bam! It seriously creeps me out. It's really eerie and when I go look at it, it makes me feel like it's really a house haunted by ghosts, or where they chop up bodies or something. No joke. Other people swear that it reminds them of the house from the Texas chainsaw massacre. The picture below of the mansion here isn't the best illustrator for it's creepyness, but I'm telling you after finding the image from the massacre, they are pretty similar!


And this is the crazy place I choose for day 5. Luckily I had my friend Vicky with me, and together we walked to the road that would take us there. On the way we passed this house here!:

A neighbor in the decorating spirit! Of course we stopped and took pictures in front of it and of course the owners of the house pulled up as we did! My first instinct was to run so we bolted across the street as they just watched us from their car. Yeah, cuz running from a scene when someone shows up doesn't look suspicious at all. It was so funny, they probably thought we were doing something we shouldn't have or that we're just really dumb.



When we got to the road that lead us closer to the mansion, it just got spookier. You have to go down this dead end street and pass a freakin orchard without hardly any light!







Just look at this sign!

What does this say to you?

Cuz to me it says dead

bodies were here and you're
next.

Yikes.

I couldn't get a good picture of the mansion from far off in the dark, but yeah we were scared!



On an ending note,
where the freak
did that red light come from
cuz there was no lights out
there...

i'm
a

ghost

Boo
!!


Song of the day: John Carpenter "Halloween Theme"

No comments:

Post a Comment