What is 31 days of Halloween is you ask? Well I'll tell you! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. 31 is my favorite number. October is my favorite month. There are 31 one days in my favorite month, the 31st being the actual day of said holiday. That's plenty enough reasons to celebrate for me! So I invented 31 one days of Halloween, a blog that will chronicle my daily celebrations. Each day will be something fun and different to represent the spirit of autumn and Halloween. Check back daily for fun ideas, songs, and updates. Let the festivities begin :)

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 21

Haunted House: Pirates of EmersonThe day arrived! Pirates of Emerson is a pirate themed haunted house extravaganza! It features 5 crazy and different haunted houses, and mega maze, pirate ship that shots fire, and so much more, all pirate themed! And the actors costumes are legit yo! I've been before and now look forward to it every year and I love taking people there. This year it was in a new location























One of the houses was called "Nightscare Before Christmas" which was exciting because it reminded me of Nightmare Before Christmas. I went in with Maggie and Eric. It was decked out with creepy Christmas scenes. In one room there was half a person in a couch, which we thought was fake, but wasn't and came to life and scared our pants off! At one point we couldn't find the door to get out of one of the rooms, so we panicked but it was still a little funny. The scariest part for me was turning a corner and seeing this little girl standing at the end of a hallway with her arms looking ready for the kill! Seriously you guys, she looked like a demon spirit or something. I believe we started running at that point! After we got out of that, we had some more friends join up with us.


The rest of the houses were scary and unique in their own ways. I think the scariest one was the cabin house when this guy started coming at us with an actual chain saw! I think it was then the guys pushed past all of us girls in fear! One house had this trippy blacklighted walkway that I named the tunnel of doom. You go in it and immediatley start falling and walking sideways. It was intense and we barely made it out of there!




Outside the houses were a lot of scary pirates who liked to terrorize passerbys. My instinct was to play dead in the fetal position. Someone pointed out that if they were real killers I would have actually been dead.









After all the houses we had some fun taking pictures with all the other little attractions...


like this tourture chamber, and this coffin!


















rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Near the end of the night we went into the maze which is made up of chain link fence. It's dark but there's a strob light, which kind of makes you dizzy and many of us ran into the fence thinking it was an opening! The maze was hilarious because it plays cheesy piratey music that makes you want to swing in from a rope, but we settled for running and skipping around.





We met this guy here who is 6'6!










And we had to sneak on the pirate ship!




This year was the scariest year yet. Thanks Mags, Monique, Josh, Eric, Matt, and Allison for coming!
Song of the day: The Black Ghosts "Full Moon"

1 comment:

  1. Mags (http://onedaywithmaggie.blogspot.com/) said...

    So much fun! I can't wait to go again. :)
    October 27, 2010 7:28 PM

    ReplyDelete