What is 31 days of Halloween is you ask? Well I'll tell you! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. 31 is my favorite number. October is my favorite month. There are 31 one days in my favorite month, the 31st being the actual day of said holiday. That's plenty enough reasons to celebrate for me! So I invented 31 one days of Halloween, a blog that will chronicle my daily celebrations. Each day will be something fun and different to represent the spirit of autumn and Halloween. Check back daily for fun ideas, songs, and updates. Let the festivities begin :)

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 31

Trick or Treat/Pass Out Candy
Tonight's the night! Where pumpkin's scream in the dead of night, and tricks and treats come out to play! Everyday this month has been building to this and I couldn't be more excited. Tonight I dressed up in my third costume of the season as Little Dead Riding Hood (get it?) We had so many trick or treaters in our neighborhood. Just driving down the streets you saw hundreds of them all from our community. It felt magical.
I started the night passing out candy. Don't laugh, but I honestly got a little teared up seeing out first trick or treater and how cute they were with their mom. It brings back great memories and I can't wait til I have kids of my own to take one day.
Later I left to go to the Lloyd brothers house for dancing, scary stories, and trick or treating! I personally don't believe trick or treating has any age boundaries, as long as you dress up and respect the game. It was so great to go actually since I hadn't in 7 years or so. We went as a group with a community bag which actually made it seem fairer.













Some of us were looking pretty scary!

It might be the last day of the month, but Halloween will always come back around. I will leave this blog up to reflect on. Thank you to everyone who participated in 31 Days of Halloween, and to everyone who followed this blog. It has truly been an amazing month. I've had so much fun and have made so many memories. Thank you.
Happy Halloween!
Song of the day: Danny Elfman "This is Halloween"

No comments:

Post a Comment