What is 31 days of Halloween is you ask? Well I'll tell you! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. 31 is my favorite number. October is my favorite month. There are 31 one days in my favorite month, the 31st being the actual day of said holiday. That's plenty enough reasons to celebrate for me! So I invented 31 one days of Halloween, a blog that will chronicle my daily celebrations. Each day will be something fun and different to represent the spirit of autumn and Halloween. Check back daily for fun ideas, songs, and updates. Let the festivities begin :)

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 26

Carve Pumpkins
One of the most Halloweenish things to do is to carve a pumpkin! I headed out to the pumpkin patch with two of my girls to pick the perfect pumpkin. I brought my baby Rosco with me too! I was so excited to be there, and the atmosphere was so classic Halloween that I started skipping around the patch. I immediately found the perfect pumpkin with the perfect face. It ended up being over 32 pounds!





r
r
r
r
r
r
rr
rr
r
r
rr
rr
r
r
r
r
r
r
rr
r
The rest of the girls found their pumpkin match as well. This is me jumping for joy!


We
put
Rosco
in
the
wheel
barrel
holding
our
pumpkins.
He
approved!
4 r
4r
4rr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
After the the pumpkin patch, we got to work on carving.
I quickly realized that I've never actually carved m
y own pumpkin before as my 32 pounder gave me some trouble. It was a lot of work! But we had a great time carving, laughing, listening to music, and eating pizza!
Hours later and look what I created! We did these free hand. My pumpkin had the perfect face for Jack, who is actually surprisingly hard to draw. Vicky did a sunmoon with clouds. Delightful!
tt
tt
t
t
t
ttt
tt










Song of the day: Rockapella "Zombie Jamboree"

No comments:

Post a Comment