What is 31 days of Halloween is you ask? Well I'll tell you! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. 31 is my favorite number. October is my favorite month. There are 31 one days in my favorite month, the 31st being the actual day of said holiday. That's plenty enough reasons to celebrate for me! So I invented 31 one days of Halloween, a blog that will chronicle my daily celebrations. Each day will be something fun and different to represent the spirit of autumn and Halloween. Check back daily for fun ideas, songs, and updates. Let the festivities begin :)

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 23

Halloween Activity
Drum roll............
My first costume this year was a............
Peacock!!!!
You might be thinking, hey, aren't the pretty peacocks boys? Well they are but it's Halloween right? Almost anything goes :)

I made the costume myself. I bought a bunch of peacock feathers and sewed them onto a corset that I had bought just last year. It was important to me to sew them on because it is a really nice corset and I didn't want to ruin it with super glue or a hot glue gun just because it would have been easier (side note on life: easier is not always better!) I also bought a black skirt with lace layers and a purple and blue petticoat, which I put underneath the first layer for a subtle poof of color. I then went to a fabric store to buy lace to use as pretty sleeves. I was able to find some falsies with feathers in them in the perfect peacock teal. They were a hit! I really love the peacock colors and was able to draw inspiration from make-up guru's, actresses, and of course the birds.
I wore this costume to a YSA Halloween activity. It was amazing! There was food, music, and the most amazing haunted house. I couldn't believe the effort and attention to detail that went in to making it so amazing. It was just as scary as Pirates! The house had many rooms, including a creepy child's room and a scary clown birthday. A big great job to everyone who put it together!


g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
Here Matt and I get our party on.
And how scary is Monique (this was the exact pose of the scary little girl down the hall at Pirates!)


Take a look the clown room...woah.
















uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Unfortunately I was feeling very sick from a day long sneezing fit (I think I may have been allergic to the feathers...oops!) But a group of us still went out for some desert after the party.



Here my buddy
Craig is doing
what I like to
call the future
old man face.




As cool as my
eyelashes were,
I had to get them
off at some point.
Not such an easy thing!
But we all had a good laugh :)
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr




Song of the day: Rihanna "Disturbia"

No comments:

Post a Comment