What is 31 days of Halloween is you ask? Well I'll tell you! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. 31 is my favorite number. October is my favorite month. There are 31 one days in my favorite month, the 31st being the actual day of said holiday. That's plenty enough reasons to celebrate for me! So I invented 31 one days of Halloween, a blog that will chronicle my daily celebrations. Each day will be something fun and different to represent the spirit of autumn and Halloween. Check back daily for fun ideas, songs, and updates. Let the festivities begin :)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 30

Costume Party
This is it, this big night where everyone busts out their Halloween costumes! Well maybe not everyone; Halloween being on a Sunday this year however, many people celebrated and threw their costume parties today. Tonight we celebrated at my best friend Shannon's annual Halloween party. Earlier the month before a few of us thought it would be fun to dress together in theme. We came up with an old toys/game theme and created these ensembles...
Cabbage patch kid, Princess Lolly from Candyland, and Jeanette Chipmunk!!!!
It took me a while to commit to the Candyland costume, but once I did it was sooooo much fun!
After buying the perfect dress, I bought a large dollar amount worth of candy and go to work. I actually sewed lollipops, gummi bears, and candy butterflies onto my dress! I also made the most delicious crown out of candy and bought plenty of lollipops and other candy jewelry. The make-up was fun to do too. I gave myself purple eyebrows and glued on candy dots to my face. I think I tasted pretty sweet! It was a lot of work to put together but so worth it all. And Allison and Shannon's costumes were just perfect for our theme as well!
Here are some of the highlights.

rr
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
rR

r R
R
My brother had the best Avatar costume ever. Guaranteed.


Don't you think she makes a lovely Geisha?
R
R
R
R
R

R
R
R
R


R
R
R
R
R
R
R
R
RR
R
I didn't want to leave at all by the end of the night. The place looked great, better than ever. Great food, music, friends, and costumes. It was such a great party!
Song of the day: Oingo Boingo "Dead Man's Party"

No comments:

Post a Comment